The year’s largest conference for treasury and finance professionals is almost upon us. AFP 2017 runs from October 15-18 at the San Diego Convention Center, and will feature more than 125 educational sessions, 20 hours of networking events and an estimated 6,500 people.
With so many sessions and activities to choose from, how are treasury professionals supposed to optimize their time at the show?
Fortunately, Kyriba not only has an office in America’s Finest City, we’ve had a major presence at the AFP show for years. Here are our expert recommendations for those looking to fill their time with valuable content, fun activities and really good brew.
What not to miss at AFP 2017:
- Free Craft Beer – Kick off this year’s conference at 6 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 15, by grabbing a local craft brew courtesy of Kyriba (serving Green Flash, one of San Diego’s best craft beer makers). Find us at booth #824 in the main exhibit hall.
- A Floating History Museum – After visiting with us, walk over to AFP’s official welcome reception at the USS Midway Museum from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. You can follow in the steps of the 225,000 sailors who served aboard the historic aircraft carrier for almost 50 years, check out 29 meticulously restored aircraft, enjoy live music and get a breathtaking view of San Diego.
- Going “Downward Dog” by the Bay – Get energized on Monday, Oct. 16, with a 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. beach yoga warmup at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. Nothing says San Diego like yoga and beaches – even at that hour.
- A Free Business Case Analysis – Schedule a live, one-on-one demo of Kyriba’s #1 cloud solution with one of our treasury experts at our booth (#824). Ask for a free business case analysis so you can see the tangible ROI that Kyriba delivers for more than 1,600 clients worldwide.
- Learning How HSCS Transformed its Treasury – Mark your calendar for 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 1, to learn how Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) Transformed Treasury into a Best Practices Treasury. David Deranek of HCSC will be joined by Kyriba’s Bob Stark to talk about HSCS’s evolution into a strategic treasury – presentation will be at room 32AB.
- Kyriba Customer Stories – We are proud and excited to see a number of Kyriba clients speaking at this year’s AFP, including CareSource, HCSC, Las Vegas Sands, and Rockefeller Group International. Topics include everything from how to win support for a TMS project to best practices for managing global cash balances. For specific topics, times and locations, download this PDF.
- Kyriba Theater Presentations – Between concurrent sessions, drop by the Kyriba booth (#824) for one of our special 20-minute theater presentations featuring exclusive tips and best practices:
- Monday, October 16
- 9:45 a.m. – Eliminating Payments Fraud with Kyriba
- 1:10 p.m. – How Treasurers Can Control Working Capital with Supply Chain Finance
- 3:15 p.m. – Make Your Cash Forecast Great Again
- Tuesday, October 17
- 9:45 a.m. – Why Hedging is Easier with Kyriba
- 1:10 p.m. – Live Treasury Q & A – Bring your treasury management questions – if you stump our experts, you’ll win a prize!
Drop off your business card at our booth for a chance to win Bose Bluetooth Headphones or Amazon Alexa Bluetooth Smart Speakers. We’ll be picking winners after each theater session.