Location: San Diego
The Pre-Sales Executive will work with Sales personnel to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of pre-sales activities to secure new business opportunities. This work is accomplished primarily by successfully demonstrating the benefits and features of Kyriba’s treasury management software.
- Development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Represent the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs, Requests for Information and pricing requests
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Liaison with Product Managers and Development to understand details of product direction, and design and communicate information back to sales organization
- Stay abreast of the product roadmap as well as understand and apply the scenarios, features and functions within each of the products in order to address business and technical problems
- Understand business needs and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, etc.
- Attend conferences and work with subject matter experts in order to stay on top of changes in business, requirements, regulations and technology to understand where the market is going
- Conduct competitive analyses and determine differentiators between the company and its competitors
- Prepare for meetings and tailor communications to address the business needs of potential clients as part of the pre-sales process
- Provide feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding Kyriba products, including coordinating the gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands
- Work with Product Management to develop and deliver training on business solutions, products, and messages for new pre-Sales team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline is strongly preferred
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in sales or a sales support function in treasury, cash management or corporate finance
- Able to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills
- Ability to understand business processes and business problems
- Ability to understand financial data relationships and how that data can be used to solve business problems
- Ability to understand and capture business and technical requirements related to Treasury services
- Ability to develop a broad awareness of the client's financial technical architecture and emerging technologies with enough knowledge to determine what is and is not possible
- Knowledge of strategic, conceptual, consultative selling
- Ability to develop marketing messages and deliver them effectively
- Ability to travel extensively